- Episode 165: 'Man of Steel,' 'This Is the End,' Interview with 'History of Future Folk' Stars 0:00-1:45 - Introduction
1:45-4:15 - Our lunch sponsor: Excellent musician Mike Masse, aka Mike the Sound Guy
4:15-17:10 - "Man of Steel" review
17:10-26:50 - "This Is the End" review
26:50-33:30 - "Before Midnight" review
33:30-39:00 - "The East" re...
- Episode 164: 'The Purge,' 'The Internship,' 'Sightseers,' and more 0:00-4:00 - Introduction; Jeff has a cold; his drink sponsor
4:00-6:10 - Our lunch sponsor: Jones T-Shirts
6:10-8:15 - iTunes review
8:15-16:10 - "The Purge" review
16:10-24:50 - "The Internship" review
24:50-31:40 - "The Kings of Summer" review
- Episode 163: 'After Earth,' 'Now You See Me,' 'Stories We Tell,' and more 0:00-2:40 - Introduction; Jeff's drink sponsor
2:40-4:15 - Our lunch sponsor: The 5Cast Podcast
4:15-5:50 - iTunes review
5:50-18:30 - "After Earth" review
18:30-29:20 - "Now You See Me" review
29:20-36:45 - "Stories We Tell" documentary
- Episode 162: 'The Hangover Part III,' 'Furious 6,' 'Frances Ha,' and more 0:00-3:50 - Introduction; Jeff's drink sponsor; iTunes review
3:50-17:15 - "The Hangover Part III" review
17:15-31:15 - "Furious 6" review
31:15-34:50 - We didn't see "Epic," but Jeff almost took Dylan
34:50-46:45 - "Frances Ha" review
46:45-52:35 - ...
- Episode 161: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' and more 0:00-2:20 - Introduction; shout-out to our friends in Cannes
2:20-4:15 - iTunes review, and pointers on old-timey voice
4:15-18:55 - "Star Trek Into Darkness" review; baby Dylan arrives near the end of this part
18:55-27:40 - "At Any Price" review
- Episode 160: 'The Great Gatsby,' 'The Reluctant Fundamentalist,' and more 0:00-3:20 - Introduction; iTunes reviews; what Jeff is drinking
3:20-15:35 - "The Great Gatsby" review
15:35-23:35 - "The Reluctant Fundamentalist" review
23:25-27:40 - "Aftershock" review by Jeff, with Eric's thoughts on Eli Roth
27:40-42:40 - QOTW (...
- Episode 159: 'Iron Man 3,' the Summer Box Office Challenge, and more 0:00-3:45 - Introduction; the weather
3:45-6:00 - iTunes reviews; a little about the summer box office challenge
6:00-18:35 - "Iron Man 3" review
18:35-25:10 - "Gimme the Loot" review
25:10-34:40 - QOTW (superheroes in different genres)
- Episode 158: 'Pain & Gain,' 'Mud,' 'To the Wonder,' and more 0:00-3:00 - Introduction; "slash"
3:00-16:30 - "Pain & Gain" review, including a rundown of previous Michael Bay movies
16:30-17:50 - We're not going to mention "The Big Wedding"
17:50-28:40 - "Mud" review
28:40-36:10 - "To the Wonder" review
- Episode 157: 'Oblivion,' 'Room 237,' and more 0:00-2:40 - Introduction; Jeff is eating
2:40-7:00 - iTunes reviews
7:00-19:10 - "Oblivion" review
19:10-23:20 - "Room 237" review
23:20-26:50 - "Lords of Salem" review
26:50-31:00 - "Upstream Color" review
31:00-35:30 - "The Company You Keep" revie...
- Episode 156: '42,' 'Trance,' and more 0:00-4:20 - Introduction; Japanese candy; grapes; latitude
4:20-18:10 - "42" review, including a tangent about college sports
18:10-25:00 - "Trance" review
25:00-32:20 - "The Place Beyond the Pines" review
32:20:37:00 - "The Sapphires" review (replay ...
- Episode 155: 'Evil Dead,' Roger Ebert, and more 0:00-1:20 - Introduction
1:20-3:20 - iTunes review in old-timey voice; it's the show's third anniversary
3:20-16:10 - "Evil Dead" review
16:10-24:00 - "Reality" review
24:00-32:55 - "Jurassic Park 3D" review; Dylan joins the show
32:55-41:15 - QOTW (...
- Episode 154: 'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' and more 0:00-4:05 - Introduction; Jeff has been traveling; he is tired and cranky
4:05-12:40 - "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" review
12:40-16:00 - "Admission" review
16:00-22:10 - "Ginger & Rosa" review
22:10-24:00 - Some other movies that they didn't show us
- Episode 153: 'Olympus Has Fallen,' 'Spring Breakers,' Walter Salles, and more 0:00-2:05 - Introduction; NCAA brackets
2:05-3:50 - iTunes review; current whereabouts of Dylan
3:50-13:40 - "Olympus Has Fallen" review
13:40-16:10 - Jeff's travel plans (baby on plane!)
16:10-21:35 - "The Croods" review
21:35-31:15 - "Spring Breake...
- Episode 152: 'The Incredible Burt Wonderstone,' SXSW, and more 0:00-3:50 - Introduction; Eric's at SXSW; too much information on Jeff's uvula
3:50-9:30 - "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" review
9:30-20:45 - QOTW (your favorite examples of movie magic)
20:45-25:40 - "The Call" review
25:40-38:00 - Eric's report o...
- Episode 151: 'Oz the Great and Powerful' and more 0:00-2:30 - Introduction; Jeff is on baby duty
2:30-17:20 - "Oz the Great and Powerful" review
17:20-21:20 - "Emperor" review
21:20-24:30 - "Dead Man Down" wasn't screened here; Eric can't tell the girls with dragon tattoos apart; nobody saw "Phantom" ...
- Episode 150: 'Jack the Giant Slayer,' '21 & Over,' and more 0:00-3:30 - Introduction; we're face-to-face this week; a new theme song that twists Jeff's words
3:30-14:50 - "Jack the Giant Slayer" review
14:50-26:00 - "21 & Over" review
26:00-29:20 - "The Last Exorcism Part 2" and "Phantom" weren't screened
- Episode 149: 'Snitch,' Oscars, and more 0:00-3:20 - Introduction; go vote for the TSR Awards
3:20-13:25 - "Snitch" review
13:25-15:15 - "Dark Skies" is a movie, but they wouldn't show it to anyone
15:15-20:25 - Snider is at the Oxford (Miss.) Film Festival; Bayer is hosting a poker game in h...
- Episode 148: 'A Good Day to Die Hard,' 'Safe Haven,' and more 0:00-3:10 - Introduction; it's Valentine's Day Night; what Jeff is drinking
3:10-17:00 - "A Good Day to Die Hard" review
17:00-24:45 - "Beautiful Creatures" review
24:45-44:25 - "Safe Haven" review, including formal implementation of the Sparks Rule an...
- Episode 147: 'Identity Thief,' 'Side Effects,' PIFF and more 0:00-4:30 - Introduction; our old-school theme song and its composer; please submit your own!; baby stuff
4:30-17:30 - "Identity Thief" review
17:30-23:00 - "Side Effects" review (and also a brief "Parker" review at 21:40)
23:00-27:10 - "Top Gun" is in...
- Episode 146: 'Warm Bodies,' 'Stand Up Guys,' and more 0:00-2:55 - Introduction; call for theme song submissions
2:55-4:55 - iTunes review
4:55-17:55 - "Warm Bodies" review
17:55-27:45 - "Stand Up Guys" review
27:45-31:30 - Stallone's new movie wasn't screened; what will become of him and Schwarzenegger?
- Episode 145: 'Hansel & Gretel,' 'Amour,' Sundance, and more 0:00-3:25 - Introduction; Snider is at Sundance; some gossip about "jOBS"
3:25-12:35 - "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters"
12:35-19:20 - "Amour" review, including discussion of how terrifying Michael Haneke looks
19:20-23:45 - "Quartet" review
- Episode 144: 'The Last Stand,' 'Mama,' and more 0:00-4:30 - Introduction; Snider's Sundance plans; Bayer's jealousy
4:30-14:25 - "The Last Stand" review; kids and violence
14:25-19:25 - "Mama" review
19:25-26:20 - "Broken City" review
26:20-35:40 - QOTW (your friend's best celebrity story)
- Episode 143: 'Zero Dark Thirty,' 'Gangster Squad,' and more 0:00-2:55 - Introduction; we have a new theme song!
2:55-4:35 - iTunes review in old-timey voice
4:35-5:10 - Bayer has a beer
5:10-19:15 - "Zero Dark Thirty" review
19:15-31:50 - "Gangster Squad" review
31:50-37:00 - "Rust and Bone" review
- Episode 142: 'Promised Land,' 'The Impossible,' and more 0:00-2:00 - Introduction; it's a new year and it's called 2013
2:00-12:20 - "Promised Land" review
12:20-22:30 - "The Impossible" review
22:30-33:40 - "Not Fade Away" review, plus a mention of "Take This Waltz"
33:40-38:00 - "Any Day Now" review, plus...
- Episode 141: The best movies of 2012 0:00-5:00 - Introduction, chit-chat, etc.
5:00-40:30 - Our top 10 lists
40:30-47:30 - QOTW: your favorite movies of 2012
47:30-58:10 - Character Casserole: 2012 edition
58:10-1:04:30 - IMDb's top stars of 2012, which Eric tries to guess
- Episode 140: 'Django Unchained,' 'Jack Reacher,' 'This Is 40,' and more 0:00-2:00 - Introduction
2:00-11:25 - "This Is 40" review
11:25-20:00 - "Jack Reacher" review
20:00-24:05 - "The Guilt Trip" review
24:05-25:50 - Tangent about the dumb Mayan apocalypse thing
25:50-27:00 - "Monsters Inc" is in 3D now; whatever
- Episode 139: 'The Hobbit,' 'Hyde Park on Hudson,' and more 0:00-3:55 - Introduction; where to find soy; "I hate to say I told you so..."
3:55-20:30 - "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" review
20:30-27:00 - "Hyde Park on Hudson" review
27:00-35:15 - "The Central Park Five" review
35:15-42:15 - The Golden Glob...
- Episode 138: 'Hitchcock,' 'Playing for Keeps,' and more - Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider 0:00-2:55 - Introduction; Bayer baby update
2:55-14:20 - "Hitchcock" review
14:20-32:25 - "Playing for Keeps" review, with full spoilers
32:25-41:40 - "End of Watch" review
41:40-47:00 - "Holy Motors" review
47:00-56:10 - QOTW (What movie made you ch...
- Episode 137: 'Killing Them Softly,' 'The Collection,' and more - Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider 0:00-2:45 - Introduction; Snider is under the weather and incoherent
2:45-9:20 - "Killing Them Softly" review (mostly repeated from Cannes)
9:20-10:50 - Snider provides vivid details of his cold, compares sleeplessness woes to Bayer's
10:50-17:15 - "Th...
- Episode 136: 'Life of Pi,' 'Red Dawn,' and more - Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider 0:00-2:30 - Introduction; the show is early this week
2:30-12:00 - "Rise of the Guardians" review
12:00-20:40 - "Life of Pi" review
20:40-30:30 - "Silver Linings Playbook" review
30:30-33:50 - Bayer's mustache
33:50-44:10 - "Red Dawn" review, with a ...
- Episode 135: 'Lincoln,' 'Breaking Dawn Part 2,' and more - Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider 0:00-3:45 - Introduction; stuff about the baby; etc.
3:45-15:00 - "Lincoln" review
15:00-30:15 - "Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" review
30:15-41:25 - QOTW (What type of movie do you tend to automatically avoid?)
41:25-43:00 - iTunes reviews
43:00-50:30 - C...
- Episode 134: 'Skyfall' and more - Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider 0:00-7:30 - Introduction; fun with noises; our history with James Bond
7:30-20:30 - "Skyfall" review
20:30-26:50 - "Smashed" review
26:50-33:50 - "The Comedy" review
33:50-44:05 - QOTW (What one decision would you make regarding the upcoming "Star War...
- Episode 133: 'Wreck-It Ralph' and more - Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider 0:00-5:30 - Introduction; Bayer's baby has arrived; Snider can eat meat again
5:30-17:25 - "Wreck-It Ralph" review
17:25-26:00 - QOTW (What movie that doesn't already have a game associated with it should be turned into a game?)
26:00-30:45 - Next week...
- Episode 132: 'Cloud Atlas,' 'Chasing Mavericks,' and more - Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider 0:00-2:15 - Introduction; Bayer's morning beverage choices
2:15-20:15 - "Cloud Atlas" review
20:15-28:40 - QOTW (What movie would you move to a different time period?)
28:40-29:50 - Next week's QOTW
29:50-40:10 - "Chasing Mavericks" review
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 131: 'Paranormal Activity 4,' 'Alex Cross,' and more 0:00-3:15 - Introduction; we should do traffic reports; accidentally faking out a listener
3:15-17:10 - "Paranormal Activity 4" review
17:10-28:45 - "Alex Cross" review
28:45-38:45 - "Wake in Fright" review
38:45-52:35 - QOTW (what one thing would you...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 130: 'Argo,' 'Seven Psychopaths,' and more 0:00-3:10 - Introduction; Snider recorded a folk song about Joe Biden that you can hear at the end of the show
3:10-14:50 - "Argo" review
14:50-23:00 - "Here Comes the Boom" review
23:00-32:20 - "Seven Psychopaths" review
32:20-43:15 - "Sinister" revi...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 129: 'Taken 2,' 'Frankenweenie,' and more 0:00-2:10 - Introduction; complaints about technical problems
2:10-12:45 - "Taken 2" review
12:45-20:20 - "Frankenweenie" review
20:20-24:30 - "Hotel Transylvania" review, with a tangent about tall bikes
24:30-33:10 - "Pitch Perfect" review
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 128: 'Looper,' 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower,' and more 0:00-3:25 - Introduction; where everybody is; why Snider sometimes leaves early
3:25-13:50 - "Looper" review
13:50-23:15 - "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" review
23:15-30:55 - "Liberal Arts" review
30:55-32:30 - QOTW for next week: What horror film ...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 127: Mike Birbiglia, 'The Master,' and more 0:00-1:30 - Introduction
1:30-16:45 - "The Master" review
16:45-31:00 - "Trouble with the Curve" review
31:00-1:05:40 - Interview with Mike Birbiglia, writer, director, and star of "Sleepwalk with Me"
1:05:40-1:14:40 - Interquel ("Jurassic Park" and "...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 126: 'Resident Evil: Retribution' and more 0:00-2:10 - Introduction; our other podcast that we used to do
2:10-19:00 - "Resident Evil: Retribution" review, with tangents about trailers
19:00-24:45 - "Arbitrage" review
24:45-29:10 - "Finding Nemo" is in 3D now; "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is still...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 125: 'The Words' and more 0:00-3:00 - Introduction; Bayer has had a lot of caffeine (as usual)
3:00-13:10 - "The Words" review
13:10-21:50 - "For a Good Time, Call" review
21:50-30:10 - "The Inbetweeners Movie" review (with a "Downton Abbey" tangent)
30:10-35:00 - "Samsara" re...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 124: 'Lawless,' 'Killer Joe,' and more 0:00-1:40 - Introduction
1:40-11:55 - "Lawless" review
11:55-19:20 - "Killer Joe" review
19:20-25:20 - QOTW (your favorite scenes of law-breaking)
25:20-33:10 - "Sleepwalk with Me" review
33:10-35:05 - iTunes reviews in old-timey voice
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 123: 'Premium Rush,' 'Hit & Run,' and more 0:00-2:50 - Introduction; fun with Google video
2:50-14:15 - "Premium Rush" review
14:15-22:00 - "Hit & Run" review
22:00-32:00 - QOTW (what mode of transportation deserves its own action movie)
32:00-37:30 - "Celeste and Jesse Forever" review
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 122: 'ParaNorman,' 'The Expendables 2,' and more 0:00-2:35 - Introduction
2:35-16:00 - "ParaNorman" review, including Bayer's account of visiting the set
16:00-28:30 - "The Expendables 2" review
28:30-36:10 - "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" review
36:10-47:35 - "Sparkle" review
47:35-55:05 - QOTW (...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 121: 'The Campaign,' 'The Bourne Legacy,' and more 0:00-5:10 - Introduction; poison oak; dreams of giant zits; disavowal of tangents
5:10-20:15 - "The Campaign" review
20:15-32:40 - "The Bourne Legacy" review
32:40-44:25 - QOTW (replacing an actor in a movie franchise)
44:25-47:45 - "Hara Kiri: Death ...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 120: 'Total Recall' and more 0:00-3:05 - Introduction; the difference between live and pre-taped
3:05-16:15 - "Total Recall" review
16:15-22:20 - "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days" review
22:20-32:25 - "Klown" review
32:25-41:15 - QOTW (favorite bully-vs-wimp moments)
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 119: 'The Watch,' 'Step Up Revolution,' and more 0:00-2:40 - Introduction
2:40-18:20 - "The Watch" review, with tangents about Costco and Sam's Club
18:20-30:05 - "Step Up Revolution" review
30:05-40:50 - QOTW (best and worst hypothetical casting for a "Three Amigos" remake)
40:50-42:25 - Next week'...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 118: 'The Dark Knight Rises,' reactions to bad reviews, and more 0:00-3:10 - Introduction; Rick Murdock updated our theme song; we need more of those
3:10-23:45 - "The Dark Knight Rises" review
23:45-54:00 - Snider's whole thing with the fake bad review and Rotten Tomatoes and fanboys being lunatics
54:00-56:55 - QO...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 117: 'Beasts of the Southern Wild' and more 0:00-6:10 - Introduction; it's Bayer's birthday; it's also summertime; we didn't review the new "Ice Age"
6:10-14:40 - "Beasts of the Southern Wild" review
14:40-20:20 - "To Rome with Love" review
20:20-25:15 - "The Do-Deca-Pentathlon" review
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 116: 'The Amazing Spider-Man' and more 0:00-1:30 - Introduction
1:30-14:00 - "The Amazing Spider-Man" review
14:00-23:30 - "Savages" review
23:30-31:40 - QOTW (your favorite summertime movie scenes)
31:40-38:20 - The summer box office challenge so far, including talk of Snider's prize if h...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 115: 'Magic Mike,' 'Ted,' and more 0:00-2:00 - Introduction
2:00-17:45 - "Magic Mike" review
17:45-26:00 - "Ted" review
26:00-35:00 - QOTW (what other childhood things should be turned into R-rated comedies)
35:00-36:15 - Next week's QOTW, with emphasis on summertime
36:15-40:05 - Som...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 114: 'Brave,' 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter,' and more 0:00-1:35 - Introduction; no time for nonsense!
1:35-11:00 - "Brave" review
11:00-21:15 - "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" review, including mention of whether or not the South will rise again
21:15-30:45 - "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" ...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 113: 'Rock of Ages,' 'That's My Boy,' and more 0:00-2:05 - Introduction; it's good weather for not going to the movies
2:05-18:50 - "Rock of Ages" review
18:50-40:50 - "That's My Boy" review, including an IMDb user review
40:50-49:00 - QOTW (what actors should play father and son)
49:00-51:30 - Ne...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 112: 'Prometheus' and more 0:00-2:15 - Introduction; no more technical difficulties, ever
2:15-17:20 - "Prometheus" review (no spoilers)
17:20-28:15 - QOTW (what movie should have launched a franchise but didn't?)
28:15-34:25 - "Madagascar 3" review (Bayer only)
34:25-38:35 - "...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 111: 'Snow White and the Huntsman' and more 0:00-4:55 - Introduction; predicting the quality of the show; we went to Cannes but came back; Jeff drinks beer
4:55-23:10 - "Snow White and the Huntsman" review
23:10-31:15 - "High School" review
31:15-34:25 - We had a catastrophic technical malfuncti...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Cannes Film Festival Episode 7: 'Killing Them Softly,' 'On the Road,' farewell to Cannes, and more 0:00-2:35 - Introduction; we're on the deck looking at the Mediterranean Sea
2:35-7:50 - "Killing Them Softly" review
7:50-11:50 - "For Love's Sake" (Takashi Miike) review
11:50-12:50 - Snider saw "The Sapphires," which Bayer loved, and didn't like it ...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Cannes Film Festival Episode 6: 'Amour' and more 0:00-2:30 - Introduction; learning to count; Bayer is enjoying cheap wine
2:30-11:30 - "Amour" review
11:30-17:30 - "Room 237" review
17:30-19:30 - Today's weather; crab sandwich; Snider was cranky
19:30-29:50 - "The Angels' Share" review, including a...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Cannes Film Festival Episode 5: 'Dario Argento's Dracula,' 'The Sapphires,' and more 0:00-1:15 - Introduction; we're hanging out with Dan Mecca and Raffi Asdourian of The Film Stage
1:15-2:10 - We slept in, went to the bakery
2:10-12:40 - "Dario Argento's Dracula" review
12:40-15:50 - "The Sapphires" review
15:50-16:30 - Avoiding hear...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Cannes Film Festival Episode 4: 'Lawless,' 'Antiviral,' and more 0:00-1:35 - Introduction; fun is tiring; Snider has been getting up early a lot lately
1:35-13:20 - "Lawless" review
13:20-21:30 - "Antiviral" review
21:30-27:15 - Some fascinating French characters, including: Jacques De Bono, line cutter; dawdling th...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Cannes Film Festival Episode 3: 'Reality,' we're so tired, and more 0:00-2:00 - Introduction; we're so tired; excited for tomorrow's early movie, even though it will make us more tired
2:00-8:45 - "Reality" review
8:45-14:25 - "Beasts of the Southern Wild" review
14:25-19:30 - "Beyond the Hills" review
19:30-22:50 - T...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Cannes Film Festival Episode 2: 'Rust and Bone' and more 0:00-4:10 - Introduction; bonus fireworks; we had a perfect day; Bayer got enough sleep
4:10-6:40 - Our first experience at the iconic Grand Lumiere Theatre
6:40-16:00 - "Rust and Bone" review, including an interlude where we eat a baguette
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Cannes Film Festival Episode 1: 'Moonrise Kingdom' and more 0:00-1:10 - Introduction; welcome to France!
1:10-5:00 - Our 22-hour journey
5:00-6:30 - Bayer has not slept; Snider has
6:30-15:50 - "Moonrise Kingdom" review
15:50-18:50 - How the Cannes press screenings work
18:50-25:50 - Cannes publicity stunts, ...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 110: 'Dark Shadows' and more 0:00-1:45 - Introduction
1:45-19:50 - "Dark Shadows" review
19:50-25:00 - QOTW (what actor/director combo should team up)
25:00-37:00 - "Sound of My Voice" review
37:00-40:10 - "Headhunters" review (Snider only)
40:10-52:10 - Cannes preview
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 108: 'The Five-Year Engagement' and more 0:00-1:40 - Introduction
1:40-11:05 - "The Five-Year Engagement" review
11:05-17:50 - "The Raven" review
17:50-28:00 - "Goon" review
28:00-34:15 - "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" review (Bayer only)
34:15-38:30 - "Damsels in Distress" review (Bayer on...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 107: 'The Lucky One' and more 0:00-2:30 - Introduction, warning of upcoming "Lucky One" spoilers
2:30-21:50 - "The Lucky One" review
21:50-22:50 - It's safe to come back after "Lucky One" spoilers!
22:50-30:40 - "Think Like a Man" review
30:40-37:25 - "Coriolanus" review
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 106: 'The Cabin in the Woods' and more 0:00-2:00 - Introduction
2:00-12:40 - "The Cabin in the Woods" review (totally spoiler-free), including a tangent about "Red Dawn," for some reason
12:40-23:00 - "Bully" review
23:00-32:55 - "The Three Stooges" review
32:55-36:35 - "Blue Like Jazz" re...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 105: 'American Reunion' and more 0:00-1:45 - Introduction
1:45-17:10 - "American Reunion" review
17:10-26:30 - QOTW (what movie from 1999 should have a sequel or reunion)
26:30-28:55 - Next week's QOTW
28:55-33:35 - "Wrath of the Titans" review
33:35-35:10 - Snider's potential new m...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 104: 'Mirror Mirror' and more 0:00-4:05 - Introduction; why we didn't see "Wrath of the Titans"
4:05-16:20 - "Mirror Mirror" review
16:20-24:00 - QOTW (what overlooked fairy tale should they make a movie out of)
24:00-25:55 - Next week's QOTW
25:55-34:25 - "The Raid" review
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 103: 'The Hunger Games,' Ezra Miller interview, and more 0:00-1:45 - Introduction
1:45-16:45 - "The Hunger Games" review
16:45-23:45 - "Jeff, Who Lives at Home" review
23:45-30:10 - "Casa de Mi Padre" review
30:10-34:25 - "Salmon Fishing on the Yemen" review (Bayer only)
34:25-37:20 - QOTW for next week: W...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 102: '21 Jump Street' and SXSW 0:00-2:05 - Introduction; we didn't do a show on Friday because of reasons
2:05-11:00 - "21 Jump Street" review
11:00-16:50 - QOTW (movie characters whose high school years you'd like to have seen)
16:50-41:50 - South By Southwest Film Festival highlig...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 101: 'John Carter' and more 0:00-2:00 - Introduction; Jeff is super mellow
2:00-3:45 - We're going to Cannes! Can you believe that??
3:45-15:10 - "John Carter" review
15:10-23:45 - "Friends with Kids" review
23:45-25:50 - Jeff's rules for when he has kids
25:50-30:20 - QOTW (yo...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 100: 'The Lorax' and more 0:00-2:20 - Introduction; it's our 100th episode!
2:20-4:10 - Kickstarter campaign for us to do podcasts from Cannes: it's in the home stretch!
4:10-14:10 - "The Lorax" review, including a tangent about the names of Jeff's cars
14:10-23:55 - "Project X...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 99: 'Wanderlust' and more 0:00-2:00 - Introduction; more false promises about sound quality
2:00-14:20 - "Wanderlust" review
14:20-23:15 - "Act of Valor" review, including talk of a TV show called "Freedom's Sake"
23:15-33:10 - "Gone" review, including tangents about the beauty...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 98: 'Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance' and more 0:00-3:55 - Introduction; Kickstarter; etc.
3:55-12:35 - "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" review
12:35-24:55 - "This Means War" review
24:55-26:00 - They didn't screen "The Secret World of Arrietty" for us, so whatever
26:00-37:50 - QOTW (movie char...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 97: 'Safe House' and more 0:00-5:40 - Introduction; detailed discussion of the Kickstarter campaign to send Movie B.S. to the Cannes Film Festival
5:40-17:00 - "Safe House" review
17:00-27:25 - "The Vow" review
27:25-36:15 - QOTW (your most romantic movie-watching experience)
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 96: 'Chronicle' and more 0:00-2:20 - Introduction; Bayer and Snider as Calvin and Hobbes
2:20-15:15 - "Chronicle" review
15:15-15:45 - Bayer's mom is in town
15:45-24:40 - "The Woman in Black" review
24:40-32:10 - "The Innkeepers" review, during which Movie B.S. becomes a hor...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 95: 'Man on a Ledge' and more 0:00-3:55 - Introduction; technical difficulties; Bayer and Snider are incoherent and tired; "Ghost Dog"
3:55-10:05 - "Man on a Ledge" review
10:05-17:10 - "The Grey" review
17:10-23:00 - Snider's Sundance recap
23:00-24:30 - Movie B.S. might be going...
- Technical Difficulties - Please Stand By For the first time in the history of "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider," there will not be a new show up on Friday. Eric D. Snider is in Sundance (yes, another film festival), and his computer broke, or he broke it. One or the other. This goes to prove yo...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 94: 'Red Tails' and more 0:00-3:05 - Introduction; Bayer's knee
3:05-14:55 - "Red Tails" review
14:55-24:40 - "Haywire" review
24:41-26:45 - "Underworld: Awakening" non-review
26:45-36:35 - QOTW (which actress would you like to see beat up which actor)
36:35-45:40 - "Extreme...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 93: 'Joyful Noise' and more 0:00-5:35 - Introduction; Bayer's vacation
5:35-14:40 - "Joyful Noise" review
14:40-27:20 - QOTW (your best celebrity encounter story)
27:20-40:45 - Bayer's adventures at the Critics' Choice Movie Awards
40:45-42:30 - Next week's QOTW
42:30-49:05 - I...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 92: 'The Artist' and more Introduction, we're doing the art-house stuff, covering a few stragglers from the end of 2011 - 0:00
"The Artist" review - 4:00
"The Iron Lady" review - 14:25
"My Week with Marilyn" review - 23:35
"Carnage" review - 32:30
"A Dangerous Method" - 41:05...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 91: The Best Movies of 2011 Introduction, explanation of what a "list" is, and so forth - 0:00
The best movies of 2011 - 4:40
Tangent about the relativity of "worst" movies, and Entertainment Weekly - 42:50
The worst movies of 2011 - 45:10
QOTW (your defining movie moment in 201...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 90: 'We Bought a Zoo' and more Introduction, with talk of expectations vs. realities, related to holidays and movies - 0:00
"We Bought a Zoo" review - 5:15
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" review - 14:50
QOTW (most awkward movie-watching experience with family) - 23:40
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 89: 'Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol' and more Introduction, blathering, nonsense - 0:00
"Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol" review - 1:40
QOTW (actors who should be in the Running Hall of Fame with Tom Cruise) - 15:30
Discussion of next QOTW, and tangent about holidays - 20:55
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 88: 'New Year's Eve' and more Introduction (our increasingly unusual recording setup; how much coffee Jeff has had) - 0:00
"New Year's Eve" review - 4:20
QOTW (movies that take place all in one day) - 22:10
Photographs in movies - 30:10
"Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" review - 31:25
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 87: 'The Muppets' and more Introduction (our first post-Cascadia show; our "studio" is Eric's apartment) - 0:00
"The Muppets" review - 1:45
"Arthur Christmas" review - 13:08
"Hugo" review - 18:35
"The Descendants" review - 27:00
"Melancholia" review - 35:30
"Being Elmo" revie...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 86: 'Breaking Dawn Part 1' and more REVIEWS: "Breaking Dawn - Part 1," "Happy Feet Two"
GAMES: Character Casserole
MISC: Question of the Week responses (ugliest/prettiest movie cast); farewell to Cascadia.fm; Bayer's impending knee surgery
About the Podcast
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 85: 'Jack and Jill' and more REVIEWS: "Jack and Jill," "J. Edgar," "Immortals," "Like Crazy"
GAMES: Pitch Me
MISC: Question of the Week responses (which actors should play twins?)
About the Podcast
Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are movie critics, but not t...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 84: 'Tower Heist' and more REVIEWS: "Tower Heist," "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas," "Martha Marcy May Marlene," "The Skin I Live In," "Mill and the Cross"
QOTW (we answer): What two actors should play twins?
MISC: iTunes reviews
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 83: 'Puss in Boots' and more REVIEWS: "Puss in Boots," "The Rum Diary," "Anonymous"
GAMES: Character Casserole
QOTW (we answer): What comedy do you think should have a Christmas-themed sequel?
About the Podcast
Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are movie criti...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 82: 'Paranormal Activity 3' and more REVIEWS: "Paranormal Activity 3," "Take Shelter," "Three Musketeers," "Johnny English Reborn," "Margin Call"
MISC: Propaganda Extravaganza
About the Podcast
Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are movie critics, but not the stuffy, ...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 81: 'The Thing' and more REVIEWS: "The Thing," "The Big Year"
GAMES: Pitch Me
MISC: We review the "Footloose" trailer
About the Podcast
Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are movie critics, but not the stuffy, elitist kind. They’re not the idiotic fanboy...
- Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 80: 'Real Steel' and more REVIEWS: "Real Steel," "Restless," "The Ides of March," "Guilty Except for Insanity"
GAMES: Character Casserole
Misc: iTunes reviews
About the Podcast
Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are movie critics, but not the stuffy, eliti...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 79 It was Jeff Bayer's turn to write the summary for Episode 79 of Movie B.S with Bayer and Snider, but he forgot to do it before he left for the airport and Eric D. Snider had to do it instead. This is really symptomatic of the problems in Jeff and Eric's p...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 78 Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider watched "Moneyball," which is about baseball and math, and both critics approve. They were less enthusiastic about "Dolphin Tale," though Eric thinks it's worth taking the kids to. Jeff was down on the documentary "Pearl Jam ...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 77 For the first time ever in the history of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, film critics Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider talk about movies they like, don't like and simply shrug at. First up is "Drive" starring Ryan Gosling. It falls under the "like" catego...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 76 There are many movies to talk about this week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, so it's a good thing it's a movie show. Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider both endorse "Warrior," a sports movie with heart (and some plot contrivances). They also approve of "...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 75 Film critics Eric D. Snider and Jeff Bayer talk movies, pimp and play a game. Come join us, won't you? First up is "The Debt" starring Helen Mirren, Jessica Chastain, and Sam Worthington. Eric liked it, Jeff verged on love. Jeff also plays a little of his...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 74 Lots to talk about on Episode 74 of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. For one thing, it's Eric's birthday. Also, there were some movies. Jeff and Eric had possibly their biggest disagreement yet on "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark": Jeff hated it, Eric liked ...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 73 It's the '80s on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. First up is the
remake of the '80s horror film "Fright Night" starring Anton Yelchin,
Colin Farrell and Imogen Poots. Both Eric and Jeff were a fan of the
film, though Jeff seems a little surprised by how...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 72 Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider have a lot of movies to talk about this week, so naturally they spend several minutes talking about unrelated tangents. But then, movies! "The Help" is a surprisingly effective story about race relations in the 1960s. Eric li...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 71 Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider do what they were born to do ... and then they talk about movies. This week it's the prequel "Rise of the Planet of the Apes." Snider liked it and Bayer did as well. Then they discuss the QOTW: What other film should have a ...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 70 Jeff Bayer and a newly clean-shaven Eric D. Snider have much to discuss on this week's edition of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. First up is "Cowboys & Aliens," which neither gentleman found particularly appealing, although neither of them hated it eit...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 69 This week on Movie B.S. our film critics Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider review a superhero, an office mate and friends ... with benefits. First up is "Captain America: The First Avenger" starring Chris Evans and Tommy Lee Jones. Eric was a bigger fan, but ...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 68 Did you know they made another Harry Potter? They did! It's a fitting conclusion to the big saga, as Jeff and Eric convey in this week's episode of "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider." Also terrific is "Winnie the Pooh," an innocent and whimsical throwback...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 67 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, we're only talking about two movies hitting wide release. First up, it's "Horrible Bosses" starring Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis, Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx. Je...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 66 For the Fourth of July, Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are celebrating freedom from great movies. "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "Larry Crowne" are both lousy, and "Monte Carlo" is only so-so. Jeff saw the New York Times documentary "Page One" (Eric ...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 65 Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are ... wait for it, wait for it ...
talking movies this week on "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider." First
up is Pixar's animated sequel "Cars 2" starring Larry the Cable Guy.
Yes, he's the lead. Jeff and Eric don't hate this...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 64 Jeff and Eric have four movies to discuss on this week's edition of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider! "Green Lantern" is reasonably entertaining fun, nothing great but not bad. "Mr. Popper's Penguins" is an atrocity that Jeff and Eric hated. "The Trip" ha...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 63 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider we've decided movies are good! First up, "Super 8" from the creative genius minds of J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg. It's a classic, fun ride. Next up is "The Tree of Life" from the creative genius mind of T...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 62 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, Jeff and Eric disagree slightly on "X-Men: First Class."
- Movie B.S. - Episode 61
- Movie B.S. - Episode 60 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider the boys talks about "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." Arrrrr (that's a pirate noise as well as our feelings). While Johnny Depp is still engaging as Captain Jack Sparrow, the new movie is very mu...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 59 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider: "Bridesmaids" is quite funny! And raunchy, and has ladies instead of men! "Priest," which wasn't screened before it opened, is mediocre at best. "The Beaver" has Mel Gibson talking with a hand puppet. "Everything Must Go" has Will Ferrell drinking beer and sitting on the lawn.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 58 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, 'tis the season for summer movies. We start with talking about "Thor." He's the god of thunder, and now he's mixed in with The Avengers clan. Next, Jeff saw "Jumping the Broom" while Eric tried, but failed. Finally, the boys sat through "Something Borrowed" and explain why you shouldn't. Then, it's all about summer movies. First, Jeff and Eric pick their most anticipated movies of the summer, with a twist. Then, they play a summer box office game that could lead to Eric shaving his beard. We need more suggestions for what Jeff should have to do if he loses, and what Eric should do if he loses.
Email - email@example.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/MovieBSpdx
Twitter - @moviebs
- Movie B.S. - Episode 57 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, your favorite film critics express qualified admiration for "Fast Five," which is dumb but fun, if too long for its own good. Jeff and Eric both liked "POM Wonderful Presents The Greatest Movie Ever Sold," a ...
- Movie B.S. - Episode 56 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider ... Bayer is back. He has returned from Africa, to grace the listeners with his presence. In his honor, Snider decided not to see any of the movies that were released this week. Well, that's not exactly true. Bayer saw "Water for Elephants" starring Robert Pattinson, Christoph Waltz and Reese Witherspoon. The backdrop of the 1930s circus was his favorite part, the other stuff ... not bad. The boys play a rousing game of Interquel, perhaps the best ever. The movies "Se7en" and "Inception" were used in the making of it. The QOTW is "What is your favorite drive-in theater experience?"
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook - www.facebook.com/MovieBSpdx
Twitter - @moviebs
- Movie B.S. - Episode 55 This week on "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider," Jeff Bayer is still wherever the hell he is, but he and Eric D. Snider pre-taped reviews of "Super" and "Rubber" for your listening pleasure, along with a round of Pitch Me.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 54 On this week's very special edition of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, Jeff Bayer is in Africa, doing goodness knows what, but do not fear! He and Eric D. Snider pre-taped some stuff before he left, so the show still has your recommended daily allowance of Bayer. They both liked "Hanna" pretty well. In the studio, Mike Russell (@culturepulp on Twitter) and Snider agreed that "Arthur" is passable but nothing special. Via Skype, Matt Patches (@misterpatches) told us about "Soul Surfer," and he and Snider expressed their disappointment in "Your Highness." Then: pre-taped Pitch Me, with Henry Winkler and Natalie Portman! And all was well in the land.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 53 Things are about to get all emotional up in here as Movie B.S. with
Bayer and Snider celebrates their one-year anniversary! They decide to
break from the norm, and for a change this week they'll be reviewing
movies. First up is "Source Code," which both of them decidedly gave
good Gyllenhaal. Next up, Eric saw the horror flick "Insidious" and
Bayer did not. But don't worry, they both sat through "Hop" so you
don't have to. Finally, Portland got "Win Win" starring Paul Giamatti,
so the boys talk about it. Plus, there were tons of great responses
for the QOTW "What was your best movie moment that you would want to
relive?" This week's QOTW is to win a copy of "TRON: Legacy" and it's
a bit of trivia ... what episode to the current Movie B.S. theme song
Send your answers to one of the following. Bayer is off to Africa
(seriously) but don't worry, there is a new show next week. That's
just the power of the internet!
email - email@example.com
facebook - facebook.com/moviebspdx
twitter - @moviebs
- Movie B.S. – Episode 52 On this week's Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, Jeff and Eric would like you to know that "Sucker Punch" and "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules" are both terrible. And they liked all of Zack Snyder's other movies!
- Movie B.S. – Episode 51 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider ... it's the most chaotic show we've ever done!
- Movie B.S. - Episode 50 Your old pals Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are off to Austin for South By Southwest, but that didn't stop them from delivering a piping-hot new edition of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider first! All the movies this week are about aliens and monsters and stuff. "Battle Los Angeles" offers good action, too much shaky-cam, and war-movie cliches. "Red Riding Hood" is stupid. "Mars Needs Moms" is flat and lifeless. B & S also play a game of Interquel that gets dark and weird, announce the winners of last week's propaganda contest, and add a few new agents to the Movie B.S. census. QOTW: What movie alien would you most like to find in your back yard, and why? (Note: No humanoids, e.g., Luke Skywalker.) Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post at facebook.com/moviebspdx. If you're in Austin for SXSW, keep an eye on Twitter -- @MovieBS, @EricDSnider, @BayerJeff -- for a meet-up.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 49
- Movie B.S. - Episode 48 The pre-Oscars edition of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider has a special guest: Paul Tamasy, who's nominated for an Academy Award for writing "The Fighter"! An actual Oscar nominee, on our stupid little show! Paul tells us about the process of researching and writing "The Fighter," of working with Christian Bale and David O. Russell, and of his previous cinematic legacy, which was writing "Air Bud."
- Movie B.S. - Episode 47 This week, film critic's Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider talk about movies! First up, "Unknown" starring Liam Neeson and January Jones is not that bad, or pretty good, depending on how you look at it. "I am Number Four" is a sci-fi movie that Eric and Jeff have slightly different opinions on, tune in to listen to the tension!
- Movie B.S. - Episode 46 In this week's edition of "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider," Jeff and Eric agree that the best option for Valentine's Day weekend is "The Eagle." Not that it's romantic, it just isn't terrible. "Just Go with It" and "Gnomeo & Juliet," on the other hand, are not pleasing to the senses. In limited release, "The Company Men," starring Ben Affleck and Tommy Lee Jones as newly unemployed white-collar guys, is worth checking out. Bayer and Snider also read your QOTW answers and give a new QOTW: What living actor or filmmaker would you most want to interview, and what would be the one question you'd have to ask if you did? Send your responses to email@example.com, or post 'em at www.facebook.com/moviebspdx. Finally, the guys give a few recommendations on what to see at the Portland International Film Festival, or PIFF, as the cool kids call it.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 45 Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are both live and in the studio this week for a scintillating edition of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 44 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, Eric is once again off gallivanting (and watching movies) at the Sundance Film Festival. We bring in Mike Russell from the Oregonian to discuss Jason Statham's new action movie "The Mechanic." After he leaves, Jeff quickly runs through "The Rite" starring Anthony Hopkins (in a supporting role). Jeff wasn't too keen on either one of them. After that it's all things Oscar, talking about those films and people who missed out on a nomination, as well as Eric's good times in Sundance. We also say goodbye to our Winnipeg fan (thanks to Kevin Smith), so now our Winnipeg is up for grabs and worth a free Blu-ray. Plus, send it your answers to the QOTW "What two women would you like to see star in a film together, and what would it be about?" Our favorite answer will get a DVD/Blu-ray. Send those answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Facebook.com/MovieBSpdx. I said good day.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 43 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider we review new movies and old(er) ones, Jeff does a lot of name dropping, and Eric does some festival dropping.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 42 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider we have a very special guest ... Geoff LaTulippe. He's the screenwriter for the romantic comedy "Going the Distance" starring Justin Long and Drew Barrymore. Before we talk to him we review "The Green Hornet" starring Seth Rogen.
- Movie B.S. – Episode 41 Bayer and Snider ring in the new year in the traditional fashion, i.e., with a couple of movies that aren't very good. "Season of the Witch" is dumb but fun; "Country Strong" is dumb and not fun. Bayer didn't care much for "Casino Jack," either, though he was intrigued by the vegan documentary "Forks Over Knives." (Snider didn't see those two.) The guys also interviewed the director of "Hood to Coast," a documentary about the famous Oregon relay race, which you can watch on Tuesday, Jan. 11. Visit www.hoodtocoastmovie.com for more info. Your QOTW: What movie would be improved if it had a superhero in it. Explain your answers. Send them to: email@example.com, or visit www.facebook.com/moviebspdx.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 40 It's the end of the year, so film critics Eric D. Snider and Jeff Bayer are giving you their Top Ten Movies of the Year.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 39 n a special Christmas Eve episode of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider talk about how awful "Little Fockers" is, and how great "The King's Speech" is, and how pretty-good "True Grit" is, and how nice the holidays are, and how Jeff's knee is doing much better, thank you so much for asking.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 38 The holidays are coming and so are some movies totally worthy seeing. Eric D. Snider says "TRON: Legacy" is pretty to look at but not much else. Jeff Bayer disagrees and says it's pretty to look at and more.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 37 Jeff Bayer is in L.A. hobnobbing with superstars while Eric D. Snider toils away in the studio, but Jeff is on the show anyway.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 36 Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider have no movies to talk about this week. What ever shall they do? Well, even though "Black Swan" isn't out in Portland yet, they're reviewing (and loving) it.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 35 It's the post-Thanksgiving episode of Movie B.S., and Bayer and Snider are bloated. Which is inexcusable, since they taped the show on Wednesday. Snider is in the studio with a cold; Bayer is literally phoning it in.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 34 There are three big movies totally worth talking about and seeing this weekend, so let's get to it.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 33 In which Bayer and Snider talk about "Unstoppable," "Morning Glory," "Skyline," "The Freebie," "Four Lions," and "Monsters," which are all movies that you could see.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 32 This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider the film critics review "Due Date," "Megamind 3D" and "Fair Game."
- Movie B.S. - Episode 31 It's a special spooky edition of Movie B.S., in honor of the holy holiday this weekend. Bayer and Snider talk about "Saw 3D," the only new wide release this weekend.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 30 This week Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider decide to talk about movies! First up, It's "Hereafter" with Matt Damon (in one-third of the film), directed by Clint Eastwood.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 29 Film critics Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider spend a lot of time talking about all things jackass-y. The both agree "Jackass 3D" will make you laugh whether you like it or not. Plus, they give personal stories from jackass moments in their lives.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 28 It's another show jam-packed with movies, so many of them that a time limit must be enforced.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 27 Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider are back live! We're talking about two really good films that hit the screens this week: 'The Social Network' and 'Let Me In.' Both decided 'The Social Network' is a must see.Then, since we were gone last week it was time for rapid-fire reviews.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 26 This week's episode pays tribute to a time-honored cop-out device: the clip show. Bayer and Snider are both out of town this week and weren't able to pre-tape a new show before they went their separate ways, so here's a compilation of moments from previous episodes that perhaps are not entirely unamusing. Enjoy this trip down memory lane, won't you?
- Movie B.S. - Episode 25 In this week's edition of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider it is revealed that Ben Affleck is a good director and actor and we shouldn't make fun of him anymore. "The Town" is solid cops-and-robbers fun! Also fun is "Easy A," a teen satire, though Bayer and Snider differed on just how much fun it is. They agreed that "Devil" -- not screened for critics, so they had to catch it at midnight Thursday night, like chumps -- isn't worth your time. There was further discussion of Joaquin Phoenix's "I'm Still Here," recently revealed as a performance rather than a documentary, and the boys played a rousing, perhaps doomed game of Interquel involving "Outbreak" and "Spider-Man." Send your comments, suggestions, and sacrificial offerings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Move B.S. with Bayer and Snider - Episode 24: 'Resident Evil: Afterlife' and more This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider the boys had to go see a midnight screening of "Resident Evil: Afterlife" in 3D, because that's the kind of dedicated film critics they are. The 3D is great, the movie is crap. Then, Bayer tries to talk to Snider about "I'm Still Here" without giving away any details. It's difficult. The last film they review is "Centurion" (they did not save the best for last). The boys also recap their Top 5 movies of the summer, and Snider talks about his trip to the Telluride Film Festival. Plus, there was enough time to play Pitch Me, this week starring Betty White and Dan Aykroyd. The QOTW this week is "most memorable movie accent?" in tribute to "The Town." Email your answers to email@example.com.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 23 The first fall episode of "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider" has many exciting treats! For one thing, Dawn Taylor -- of PDX.fm's "Ham-Fisted Radio" and "Legion of News" -- visits Jeff and Eric for the entire hour, to discuss "Machete," "The American," and "Going the Distance," and also to play Pitch Me, and also to eat a bagel.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 22 Snider's birthday was pretty much the most important topic on "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider" this week, with the movies "The Last Exorcism" (good) and "Takers" (not so good) taking second place. Jeff and Eric also discussed listeners' favorite scary scenes from movies, a large number of which came from "Signs" and "The Ring." And Jeff met John Malkovich! And then told a story about it. Next QOTW: Who is your favorite movie couple? We're talking romance here, or at least the possibility of romance. Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 21 There are five films in wide release and Bayer and Snider didn't have time to see them all.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 20 There are plenty of new movies to talk about on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider this week, including the excellent "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World." Jeff and Eric could spend the whole hour talking about this inventive, funny, groundbreaking movie. (They don't.) "Eat Pray Love," on the other hand, is way too long and way too self-indulgent, though fans of the book might dig it. "The Expendables" has some fun action but isn't as good as a movie with this cavalcade of action stars should be. In limited release, "Get Low" is worth checking out. Jeff and Eric play Pitch Me in honor of Friday the 13th. QOTW: Tell us about movies that you think are really good, but that disturbed you in an emotional or visceral way when you watched them. E-mail email@example.com.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 19 It's a moist day at the PDX.fm studios as Jeff and Eric present another sweaty edition of "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. "The Other Guys" is pretty solid Will Ferrell comedy if you ask Snider; quite a bit less solid if you ask Bayer. Snider sort of has a Will Ferrell thing, though. There's a discussion of the listeners' favorite cop movies, and Bayer is a little upset that people give a big list when we only asked for ONE. The guys dip into the mailbag to address some theme song-related questions, and they also play a new game! It's called Interquel! Some innuendo occurs. The next QOTW: What are your favorite guy movies (in honor of "The Expendables")? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episode 18: 'Dinner for Schmucks,' 'Charlie St. Cloud,' 'Cats & Dogs 2,' interview with 'Eureka' writer/producer Jaime Paglia, Pitch Me Welcome to another fun-filled episode of Movie B.S. with Bayer and
Snider. The boys talk about "Dinner for Schmucks" starring Paul Rudd
and Steve Carell. They agree on most things, especially Carell
stealing the show. "Charlie St. Cloud" with Zac Efron is not awful.
Surprising, isn't it? Snider sat through "Cat and Dogs: The Revenge of
Kitty Galore" and didn't mind it. But then all things turned to
"Eureka" with special guest star Jaime Paglia. He's the executive
producer and writer of the Syfy show in its fourth season. We talk
James Callis, Wil Wheaton and what goes into making the show. Plus,
Paglia joins the boys in "Pitch Me." The QOTW for next week's show is
"Favorite Cop Movie." Email your answers to email@example.com
- Episode 17: 'Salt,' 'Ramona and Beezus,' 'Winter's Bone' Jeff and Eric recommend a low-"Salt" diet on this week's edition of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. "Ramona and Beezus," on the other hand, is a cute and sweet movie that you could take the kids to. "Winter's Bone" is a solid indie drama that you should not take the kids to, unless they like movies about hillbilly meth farmers. Jeff and Eric also discuss their favorite books from childhood, an upcoming casual meet-up at Ground Kontrol, Jeff's over-indulgence at yesterday's Brewfest, and Eric's mother's bladder. QOTW for next week: What's a movie that you drastically changed your opinion of, either from love to hate or hate to love? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Episode 16: 'Inception,' 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice,' 'The Kids Are All Right,' SwitchFix Good news, everyone! "Inception," which Eric and Jeff both had pegged as their most-anticipated film of the summer, turned out to be fantastic. They talk about it -- spoiler-free -- in this week's Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. They also discuss "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," which is reasonably fun family entertainment, and "The Kids Are All Right," which is good but not for the whole family. Then there's a new game, SwitchFix; discussion of the QOTW (most disappointing films), and a new QOTW for next week: What were your favorite books as a kid ('cause "Ramona and Beezus" is coming out)? E-mail email@example.com.
- Episode 15: 'Predators,' 'Despicable Me,' 'The Girl Who Played with Fire,' mailbag This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, both of our fearless critics sit down to watch "Predators" and have a pretty good time in the process. "Despicable Me" starring Steve Carell's voice has moments, but not much else. Bayer talks about "The Girl Who Played With Fire," but Snider remains silent since he still hasn't seen "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo." Then is a big, heaping pile of mail bag as they answer the QOTW and other questions from our readers. We're still taking game suggestions and our new QOTW is "What movie were you most excited about, and then it turned out terrible?" Email that to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episode 14: 'Twilight: Eclipse,' 'The Last Airbender,' 'Cyrus,' annoying fans, press junkets Jeff and Eric have a lot to say not just about movies but about certain movies' fans, in this week's edition of "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider." "Eclipse" is the best of the three "Twilight" movies so far -- but don't tell that to people who hate all things "Twilight," no matter what, always, forever! "The Last Airbender" is a stifling and terrible adaptation of a popular cartoon series -- but don't tell that to people who love the cartoon series and can't bear the thought of the movie being bad! ("Cyrus" is good, though. Go see it.) Jeff and Eric also discuss press junkets and the whoredom thereof, teen romances, and next week's QOTW: What's a movie you love that it seems like everyone else hates? They want new ideas for games to play, too. E-mail them at email@example.com.
- Episode 13: 'Knight and Day,' 'Grown Ups,' Pitch Me It's our lucky 13th episode on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. We start the show talking about how Eric's friend Kourtney was unlucky at last night's Portland Beavers game. Once we finally get to movie talk, with both agree "Knight and Day" is a good time at the movies this summer. "Grown Ups" is barely worth talking about, but we still manage. Last week's Pitch Me gets the best title ever ("Carbon Night") and this week's includes Kate Winslet, Bill Pullman and special guest star Colin Firth. Our QOTW (Question of the week) is "What is your favorite teen romance?" Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Episode 12: 'Toy Story 3,' 'Jonah Hex,' Jeff's dad, Fixer & Defender, Pitch Me Jeff and Eric have great news to report in this episode of "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider": After several weeks of so-so releases, there's finally a truly great film. It's called "Jonah Hex." No, just kidding, "Jonah Hex" is lousy. But "Toy Story 3" is brilliant! They also answer the QOTW and pose a new one -- what's your favorite immature comedy? -- and talk to Jeff's dad for Fathers Day. Plus there's Fixer & Defender, Pitch Me, and assorted merriment. Send e-mails to email@example.com!
- Episode 11: 'The Karate Kid,' 'The A-Team,' Pitch Me, Fixer & Defender, and more It's 1984 all over again this week on "Movie B.S. with Bayer and
Snider." They agree on the two big releases this week. "The Karate
Kid" is worth the time, even though it runs a little long. "The
A-Team" on the other hand, is a little messy and doesn't do anything
particularly well. Pitch Me unites Sylvester Stallone and Tim Allen in
"Witch Doctor?" Plus Fixer & Defender is back with "Star Trek III: The
Search For Spock." We answer the QOTW (Question of the Week) and give you a new one ... What is the best Part 3 in movie history? Email
answers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Episode 10: 'Get Him to the Greek,' 'Killers,' 'Splice,' Pitch Me "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider" hits the double digits this week -- show number 10! In celebration, Eric and Jeff agree that "Get Him to the Greek" is the best offering of new films this week, and that "Killers" should be left dead on the floor. They haven't seen "Marmaduke," but come on. Eric loves the creepy and insane "Splice," while Jeff adamantly does not; there is debate. Also, Robin Williams' career is revived in "Pitch Me," and listeners are given a new assignment in Question of the Week: tell us your favorite remakes. E-mail us at email@example.com
- Movie B.S. - Episode 9 In a shocking turn of events, Jeff actually succeeded in getting a guest for "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider"! It was John Solomon, a "Saturday Night Live" writer, and co-writer of the "MacGruber" movie, which Jeff and Eric both liked a lot, and not just because they were having John Solomon on the show. He talked about writing for "SNL," and about the disappointing "MacGruber" box office. He also helped Jeff and Eric with "Pitch Me," coming up with a fantastic Western romance. Oh, and "Sex and the City 2" isn't very good, and "Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time" is so-so, the end. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 8 Welcome to the season finale of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. In this week's show the two agree that "MacGruber" is not, in fact, the waste of time you think it is. It's pretty dang funny. They disagree on "Shrek Forever After" or "Shrek The Final Chapter" or whatever it's called and give quick reviews for "The Square," "Mother and Child" and "The Human Centipede. The two attempt to fix last week's debacle of "Pitch Me" with help from the viewers and in a season finale twist no one say coming, the show has a mortal enemy. Stay tuned for next week as Season Two begins at the exact same time, and the exact same place. Email questions to email@example.com
- Movie B.S. - Episode 7 It's a sad day for Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider, on account of all the movies this week are lousy. "Robin Hood": long and slow. "Letters to Juliet": pretty generic rom-com. "Just Wright": just wrong. Still, Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider managed to disagree on the extent to which each of the movies is bad. Then they talked about "The Apple," a futuristic musical from 1980; played a depressing round of Pitch Me involving Carrot Top and Ben Affleck; and read some viewer mail. Speaking of which, send them some e-mails at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Episode 6: 'Iron Man 2,' 'The Secret in Their Eyes,' 'Babies,' Eric's mom, Fixer & Defender It's officially summertime. Trust us, we're movie critics. This week on Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider we talk about the first big summer blockbuster, "Iron Man 2" starring Robert Downey Jr. and a slew of other famous faces. We both agree you'll have a good time, but won't be blown away. Bayer tells everyone, including Snider, to go see Oscar winner "The Secret in Their Eyes," and both critics understand babies are cute, but the movie "Babies" grows tiresome. Our first guest joins Movie B.S. and it's Momma Snider! Plus, a summer movie preview, a rousing game of "Fixer and Defender," and we dive into the B.S. mail bag for the first time. Email your questions to email@example.com.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 5 In a turn of events no one could have foreseen, the remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" is terrible! So say Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider both in this episode of Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider. And while neither of them saw "Furry Vengeance," they're pretty sure it's terrible, too, and Eric offers some tips on how to tell the two movies apart. There's also some talk of the Tribeca Film Festival, of Jeff's bicycling and volleyballing prowess, and a Pitch Me movie idea involving Judi Dench and time travel.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 4 Jeff Bayer was in Hawaii, so Eric D. Snider's pal Andy Blubaugh, a Portland filmmaker, fills in for this week's show. Andy even did his homework by seeing the J-Lo movie "The Back-Up Plan" with Eric, a mistake he won't repeat any time soon. Eric's review of "The Losers" is also a downer. Andy's own film, "The Adults in the Room," is also discussed, and it is agreed (by Eric, anyway) that Eric plays the most important role in the film.
- Movie B.S. - Episode 3 Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider both agree "Kick-Ass" is a good old violent time in the third episode of “Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider.”
- Episode 2: 'Date Night,' 'The Runaways,' Fixer & Defender, and more "Date Night" gets approval from both Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider in this, the second episode of "Movie B.S. with Bayer and Snider."
- Episode 1: 'Clash of the Titans,' 'The Last Song,' Pitch Me, and more In their premiere episode, Jeff Bayer and Eric D. Snider rip on "Clash of the Titans" (especially its cheap 3-D) and Miley Cyrus' "The Last Song."